Monday, March 10, 2014

Indoor Tri!

Yesterday I completed a race that I never thought I would do: a triathlon! Over the past two years I have discovered my love for running, but I have never really done a
whole lot of biking or swimming. However, I am always up for a challenge! My coworker Carl (who recently had two hip replacements!) challenged me to sign up for the tri with him, so how could I say no? My very spontaneous friend Rachel also joined in the fun; she was a swimmer in high school so I knew she would be up for it.

The indoor tri consisted of a 10 minute swim, 30 minute bike, and 20 minute run.    It was fun to do this race with my friends, without having to maintain the same pace throughout. Rachel was the fastest swimmer, Carl kicked our butts on the bike ride, and my best part was obviously the 20 minute run.  It was a fun experience and a good Sunday workout!
That's me swimming!
After our swim :)
My first time on a spin bike. My butt was not a fan of this type of workout. I spent 30 minutes wishing I had some padded bike shorts. Somehow I didn't get any pictures from the treadmill. My "scores" were: 18 lengths in the pool, 6.5 miles on the bike, and 2.1 miles on the 'mill. Although I hated the spin bike, I really enjoyed the swimming. Maybe I will have to put my new goggles and swim cap to good use and hit up the pool once in a while this summer. 



1 comment:

  1. Way to go Maija, you are a real inspiration… can't wait to run with you in Luckenbach!

    ReplyDelete