Sunday, March 2, 2014

Dome Running

When you are living in the midst of a polar vortex, sometimes you have to get creative...today I ran 10 miles inside the Maple Grove Sports Dome! It was 20 degrees below zero outside, but a perfect 55 degrees inside the dome:

There were a handful of runners there this morning, and some soccer games going on, which kept me distracted enough for 48 laps. My pace was decent for a long run; maybe all my speed work on the treadmill has been paying off? This was also the first time using my Garmin foot pod so it hasn't been calibrated. However, it matched up pretty close with my Nike plus app so I think the 10:41 pace is fairly accurate!


The running surface was a soft grassy turf that was awesome to run on. It was a welcome change from the treadmill at least!  My next half marathon is in two weeks, I'm hoping for both good weather and a PR!

No comments:

Post a Comment