Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Albertville Friendly City Days 5k

My running BFF Jackie and I ran a nice 5k on Saturday, pushing our kids in jogging strollers!  I was really proud of us for actually doing it.  Getting anywhere on time with little ones is so stressful, not to mention the stress of preparing for a race.  But we made it to the start line just in time, and finished in around 35 minutes, according to our Garmins.  (Side note, I just checked the race results and it has my "official" time listed as 33:52 and Jackie's as 34:59, which is way off because we pretty much crossed the finish line together).  As you can tell this was a small-town race LOL!  There were 280 finishers.  Here we are at the start of the race:


I love seeing the difference from last year!

The race started and finished at the middle school; Austin ran around that track like a crazy person:


After the race, we went over to the carnival and went on a few rides with the girls.  They loved the big slide.


On Sunday, I just ran 5 miles for a "long run".  I started my 12 week training plan this week for the half marathon, so my first official long run of training will be 7 miles on Sunday.  Unfortunately, my summer MBA classes also started this week so I have a lot to do between that and running five days a week.  So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment